Monday, May 16, 2011

Fiddling While Fall River Burns?

Well, I'll say it, I supported the mayor in the last election. Based on his performance, or lack there of, he will not get my vote this time around.

I went for the bait, I took it hook line and sinker! Let's get a "New fresh face" someone who was not a "POLITICIAN" I said to myself as I entered the voting booth. Did I get played!!! Wee Willy played me, and a lot of other people like a Stradivarius.

He is definitely a POLITICIAN, the only difference was he played the game down the road in Taunton. Just look at the cronies he towed in from Taunton and the DA's office. Look at what he did for his pals, pay raises and plum jobs. Look what he's done for the city, NOTHING!!! Did he deal with the "Illegal" storm water tax? Did he resolve the strip club issue? Has he done anything except delay and litigate every promise and issue he talked about during his campaign?

What has he done during his year and a half in office? He has played "Policeman" on a prostitution sting, played Fireman at a mill fire, and building inspector at the old Police Station. While Willy played we were late with the property tax bills, which of course he blamed on the previous administration. Ignoring the fact that he had a financial transition team that was supposed to prepare to take over things like collecting taxes.

Heaven forbid we make collecting the primary source of city money a priority. Did somebody change the due date? I DON'T THINK SO!! It was a case of our man/child mayor playing at everything except being MAYOR!
Come on:
LET'S SHRED ANOTHER LAW SUIT!
LET'S BE THE CIGARETTE POLICE!
LET'S BE THE FOOD POLICE!
LET'S DO ANYTHING BUT LOOK AT A CITY THAT IS DYING BEFORE YOUR EYES! A CITY THAT CAN"T ATTRACT JOBS! CAN'T EDUCATE IT'S CHILDREN! A CITY ON THE BRINK OF RECEIVERSHIP!

THIS CITY IS WITHIN A INCH OF BEING TAKEN OVER BY THE STATE, BOTH FINANCIALLY AND EDUCATIONALLY! WHAT IS OUR MAYOR DOING ABOUT IT? NOT MUCH!

Am I angry? You bet you a## I am! Angry at myself for voting for this buffoon! Angry at Wee Willy for giving out raises to his pals while he raises my taxes and asks the lowest paid city employee's to take pay cuts! Angry that Wee Willy is more concerned on making smokers walk an extra block to get the cancer sticks than he is with dealing with the sewer fee! With banning food products rather than banning pay raises before raising taxes!

This city will not survive another term of Will, where there's a will there is a way; and that way is the way receivership! ONE AND DONE WILLY!!

More to come, next, the cigarette ban is it the answer to our prayers?

I hope this tirade motivates some and aggravates others, because it sure made me feel better to get it off my chest! UP THE REBELS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment